What & When is Eid al-Fitr & Zakat Eid al-Fitr?
Muslims around the world celebrate Eid al-Fitr on the first day of Shaowal. Which is the following month after Ramadan, with especial day called Eid Al-fiitr. Eid Celebration of the completion of the worship of the holy month of Ramadan. Eid Al- fitr is the first celebration in Islam. It begins at the second year of migration , hijri calendrer, after fasting the first Ramadan in that year.
Muslims exchange congratulations, home visits and gifts on that day. Families go out for walks and play with their children. Bliss and happiness are common among Muslims on this day.
- Zakat al-Fitr is a the donation which obligatory for every Muslim who has the ability. Household donates a specific amount of money or Food to to poor People and needy. The amount depends on living country, and by the Muslim’s reference in that country. It is obligatory at sunset on the last day of fasting. Zakat can also be extracted two days before the end of Ramadan, or immediately before prayer.
Reed more about
- What is month of Ramadan?
- What is the Ramadan fasting Rules?
- What is the advantages of the last ten nights of Ramadan?
- What is Hijri (Islamic) Calender?
- What is the Eid and Zakat al-Fitr (donation) ?